DescriptionWHO WE ARE
We’re not the taxi service :)
Uber Digital just turned 10! Our strategy-led approach combines design, technology and motion.
The agency is centred on a relaxed but focussed approach, and are passionate about every aspect of our projects. We’re a small and tight-knit agency.
We’re a friendly bunch who like to have fun whilst we work, so a sense of humour and a good work ethic is a must.
We are seeking a full time Editor to join the Uber Digital family, working within our Motion Graphics team. You will also be working very closely with the Company Directors and Project Managers.
You will have a good sense of what makes an interesting angle to a story and be responsible for coordinating, reviewing and editing recorded raw material into a deliverable which goes above and beyond client expectations.
You will have experience of handling raw camera footage, voice over, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
Your role as an Editor will include:
- Receiving a brief, and maybe an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files on the computer
- Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable
- Creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- Reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video
- Working quickly within tight deadlines
- Updating and exporting older videos as required
- Be responsible for quality checking each edit filmed, ensuring maximum attention to detail to guarantee the video is shown in the most optimum way with nothing disrupting the quality
- Research new ways of editing and work as part of the team to make sure you are following the best procedure
- Ensure the smooth running of Uber workflow processes from the initial briefing to the final deliverable
In order for you to be considered for this role, you should:
- **Have experience working closely/alongside a Motion Graphics/VFX team**
- Basic grading experience
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere and After Effects and experience with the adobe suite
- A good work ethic with a proactive and confident attitude
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a similar environment
Remember we’re a small but growing team who appreciate a bit of banter during work so someone with a sense of humor and bags of common sense is a must.
- Bright and spacious industrial office space located between Exmouth and Leather Lane markets
- Summer Fridays
- Friday beers (of course!)
- Free breakfast
- Ping pong and foosball
- Cycle to work scheme
- Option to occasionally work from home
Please send Cover Note, CV & Showreel.